Meeting Notes from CA-WN AGM Oct 2022
Many thanks to those who were able to attend last week’s AGM - meeting minutes and recording here. These cover both the AGM and the short monthly meeting that followed it.
Further details below on some points discussed at the meeting:
Consultation on further development of Northampton Railway Station
This includes plans for car parking and changes to access routes and cycle parking. Note the closing date is this Friday 28 October.
- Link to the consultation website Northampton Station (northamptonstationgateway.co.uk)
- Link to the response from Northampton Living Streets for reference https://livingstreetsnorthampton.org/resources/
- The planning application for a solar farm near Gayton was refused by WNC Strategic Planning Committee on 17/10
- There are two other planning applications for solar farms going through at the moment: Fawsley Solar Farm | By Elgin Energy and Crick Solar Farm
- The debate about solar farms, including using agricultural land for solar, is likely to be an ongoing debate locally and nationally. Links to a couple of articles below:
- Solar farms a 'blight on the landscape'? Research shows they can benefit wildlife (theconversation.com)
- Farming and solar panels can work together – here’s the proof | Greenpeace UK
Game designed to educate people about climate change in a fun way which can be used in settings including schools and businesses. If you might be interested in either training as a facilitator or attending a workshop to take part in a game, please let me know.